– *links updated August 30, 2015 –
Sometimes you are just not ready to talk to your attorney or you want to double check something on your own. Google is a terrific general search tool but it often fails to rank government regulatory websites on the first page of search results. The quality of your search results are also dependent on you using the right search terms.
On this page we have gathered a list of research resources on the internet we use regularly use to confirm the contact information of a securities regulator or market participant, look-up a securities law or stock exchange rule, and to keep up to date . We believe you will find having these research resources gathered on this one page equally as useful as we have.
We have organized these resources in folders to make it easier to find what you are looking for on this page. Just click on an item to reveal the resources in that folder.
- New Brunswick Securities Commission
- Newfoundland Securities Commission
- Nova Scotia Securities Commission
- Ontario Securities Commission
- Quebec Securities Commission
- Saskatchewan Securities Commission
- Securities Rules and Regulation for all Provinces (List and links to all Canadian corporate and securities regulators and laws.)
- Alberta Corporate Registry
- British Columbia Registrar of Companies
- Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Business Services Companies and Personal Property Security Branch
- Corporations Canada (Federal)
- Corporate rules and regulation for all provinces along with full contact information
- NYSE – MKT (fka AMEX, NYSE-AMEX)
- CME Group (fka Chicago Board of Trade & Chicago Mercantile Exchange)
- CBOE – Chicago Board Option Exchange
- CHX (fka Chicago Stock Exchange)
- Nasdaq Stock Markets
- NYSE Euronext (fka New York Stock Exchange)
- NYSE Arca (fka Pacific Stock Exchange)
- OTC Markets Group Inc.
- Canadian Securities Administrators Registered Dealer Search
- Corporate Financials Online
- FrontFundr Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Startup Exemption, Accredited Investor, Offering Memorandum)
- GoTroo Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Startup Exemption)
- InvestX Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Accredited Investor)
- MaRS SVX Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Accredited Investor – Social Impact)
- NexusCrowd Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Accredited Investor)
- SeedUps Canada Equity Crowdfunding Portal (Offering Memorandum/Accredited Investor)
- Optimize Capital Markets